My Roast Vegetable Quinoa
I love this as a meal on it’s own or it can also work really well as a side. I always make a little extra and keep it in the fridge for when I am In a hurry. This dish is high in protein and fibre, and it’s also gluten free.
-1 Cup Quinoa (uncooked)
-1 Medium Eggplant, cubed
-2 Zucchini, halved and sliced
-1 Red Capsicum, cubed
-1-2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
-1 Small Red Onion, diced
-1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
-1 cup Kale, Baby Spinach or Rocket
-Juice of One large lemon
-Olive oil, Salt and Pepper.
1. Heat some olive oil in a medium to large pan
2. Rinse Quinoa in cold water
3. Transfer the Quinoa to the hot pan and stir into the olive oil for a few minutes. This helps the Quinoa to have a nuttier flavour.
4. Remove quinoa and place in a small pot and add two cups of water. Bring to boil and simmer until it has absorbed the water. This should take about 15 minutes.
5. Drizzle some Olive Oil into the pan used to sear the Quinoa. Add the chopped Garlic and diced Onion.
6. When the Onion and Garlic are softened add the Eggplant and Zucchini. Continue to cook on a medium heat until golden brown.
7. Add the Capsicum and Cherry Tomatoes. Cook on a medium to high heat for a few minutes.
8. When the Quinoa is ready, add to the pan and stir through vegetables.
9. Fold in greens and drizzle a little extra Olive Oil, Lemon juice and season with Salt and Pepper.